Full-Time Sr. Associate Bioinformatics Developer
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Research & Early Clinical Development Group is seeking a Senior Associate Bioinformatics Developer to join our team and drive forward Pfizer’s Precision Medicine software portfolio. You will design, build, and implement solutions and tools across multiple domains including multi-omics, genetics and clinical data. You will be part of a small and agile development team that aims for quick delivery of scalable and robust solutions across the company including data management pipelines, visualizations and much more. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with scientists across Pfizer to improve and further develop existing informatics systems and data workflows.
• Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
• Harmonizes and consolidates Precision Medicine application, data and infrastructure through new and existing solutions.
• Supports and maintains the existing Precision Medicine application portfolio.
• Maintains and extends existing informatics pipelines.
• Integrates and analyzes data from disparate public, commercial and proprietary sources.
• Leveraging a deep knowledge of scientific workflows for omics, genetics and clinical data, specifies user/system interfaces and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing Precision Medicine informatics systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication abilities.
• Excellent computer programming skills.
• Interest in learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages and keeping up-to-date.
• A dedication to software development best practices and methodologies (unit testing, TDD, Agile, etc.).
• Works well in a team or independently.
• BS and 8+ years of experience OR MS and 5+ years of experience focused on
developing software solutions in the pharmaceutical or biotech research sector.
• Demonstrated experience in several of the following languages: Java/J2EE, Groovy, Python/Django, Perl, SQL.
• Deep understanding of relational/non-relational database schema design.
• Good scripting skills required in Perl, Python, Bash or similar.
• Experience integrating data from different sources in different formats.
• LIMS development experience is a plus.
Informatics position – primary work with be computer-based.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
131 total views, 1 today